A complete packing list for a motorcycle trip in 2023
Welcome to the Motorcycle Trip Packing List! This article provides a complete checklist of all the essentials you may need on your bike travels.#whatsabhidoing
Here’s a packing list to help you on your bike trip. This article lists everything you need for your motorcycle trip and links to more in-depth guides if you want to dig deeper. Adapt to your specific requirements.
Take this as a starting point. Each item is associated with one of our gear test reports or available online.
- Passport and copies
- Driver’s license and copies
- International Driver’s Permit
- Vehicle registration document
- Vaccination book
- Travel Insurance
- Passport photographs (can’t have enough of these)
- Emergency cash
- Bank cards
- Easily accessible paper with all important contact info on it.
- Spare bike key
- Wrench and socket set
- Hex head set
- Puncture repair kit
- Air compressor and Gauge. (Rocky Creek Tyre Pump Review)
- Tyre levers and wheel removal tools
- Ratchet strap
- Spanners/ Allen keys
- Tool roll
- Cable ties and Gaffa tape
- Jumpstart cable
- Oils, lubes, epoxy, Loctite, and copper grease
- Spare parts, levers, cables, and consumables like filters, O-rings, pads, etc.
- Chain or lightweight bicycle lock
- Disc lock
- PacSafe net or cable
- Motorcycle cover
- Owner’s manual downloaded onto your phone.
- Crash protection
- Motorcycle modifications for comfort, off-roading, and travel.
Food and Water
- Hydration bladder pack
- Dry food snacks
- Water purification sticks/straws or tablets
- Emergency dry food and snacks
- Fuel canisters: Rotopax or fuel bladder
- GPS Navigation device or use your phone or use paper maps
- Mounts for a phone case and video camera
Thanks for checking out our complete motorcycle travel packing list, we hope it helps you decide what to pack for your motorcycle trip! Here are some of the guides to read next: You’ll find all the articles on a given topic in one easy-to-find and easy-to-read place, and many other guides on gearing and packing for your motorcycle trip.